Senior Womenswear Outerwear Designer
Womenswear Senior Outerwear Designer - Cheltenham
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £750m, £87m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
Due to our continued growth we are expanding our Outerwear team and have an opening for an experienced senior designer to lead the womenswear outerwear team in creating a range of inspirational outerwear. Working with our talented team you will be pivotal in driving newness as well as developing our existing range in an ever growing and important category to the business. You will love design, be commercially savvy, enormously influential and will love leading the team to create an iconic range of outerwear.
When applying for this role please attach a copy of your portfolio.
- Effectively lead this category, making key business decisions to drive our business commerciality through cash profitability and strategic vision
- Support with the development of the wider team strategy to deliver bigger business ambitions
- Be an ambassador of commerciality and our Brand DNA and innovation within the team and the wider business
- Proactively monitor best/worst seller activity and suggest actions to help us to continually innovate
- Drive innovation and quality through team leadership
- Take ownership of category option counts and sampling to improve the design and wider business KPI’s
- Lead yourself and team in collaboration with the wider business to influence and champion delivery of our critical path and our “design to customer” process
- Support Heads of Department to shape the range at range build in collaboration with Category Management and own the presentation of the range in Range Sign Off
- Support inspirational trips, taking a strategic view to drive category innovation within our brand, trend and seasonal direction
- Lead weekly design meetings to share business updates and departmental priorities/initiatives in the absence of the heads of department
- Use your expertise and product knowledge and advanced presentation skills to own and engage others in our strategic vision, at our global sales meeting and other business wide product presentations
- Be part of the design senior leaders team, leading and instilling consistent ways of working through all the category teams
- “Lead for performance” ensuring team members have clear department and business focused KAOF based on the departmental strategic ambitions. Ensuring team members are clear on how they are performing through ABCD and our performance and potential process
- Have the confidence to challenge the status quo and have “big” conversations when required with all levels of the business
- Take responsibility for knowing our suppliers and their capabilities, managing the sourcing strategy and working in conjunction with the sourcing team
- Support our Garment Technical Team in order to maintain fit consistency across the outerwear range
- An experienced senior outerwear designer with strong global retail experience (brand experience is desirable not essential)
- Massively passionate about our brand and outerwear
- A strategic and commercial thinker/decision maker, who can think outside the box to drive efficiencies
- Effective at leading/coaching and managing a team
- Experienced in working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- A confident individual with advanced presentation skills
- Experienced in supplier liaison and relationship management
- A strong influencer and clear communicator with strong stakeholder management skills, who is able to influence at all levels with an enthusiastic, professional, and engaging manner
- Adaptable, with a flexible approach to your hours and travel
- Experienced in Illustrator and Photoshop
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…..
What we offer
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of amazing team and social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more!