Project Manager - Retail
Leading tax free retailer looking for a Project Manager to join their team in West London.
Your new role
As Project Manager, the candidate will define and lead specific projects as instructed by the Managing Director UK, so to ensure that the solution clearly supports and is aligned to the company's strategic goals.
The candidate will support the MD in their role in a large & varied number of ways.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall leadership and delivery of projects, including planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closing all aspects of the project life-cycle.
- Assist the MD in any way that supports their work and the company's objectives.
- Manage the creation of a financial business case, and analyse problem and opportunity statements to then prepare estimates for approval.
- Working to a defined budget from the outset, the candidate will track and report on project costs to ensure the objective is met.
- The candidate may also lead a team - often in geographically dispersed areas - through the project life-cycle. This may include setting team members' objectives and carrying out performance reviews.
- A key component of the role will be to build and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders and providers.
- Manage a team of external suppliers, working closely with Supply Chain Services for the appropriate supplier selection from our framework.
- Rigorously manage scope through a structured change management process to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters with focus on delivering the business benefits.
- Create and validate financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and expenditures.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver on time with quality and consistency
- Overall accountability and end-to-end delivery management for a set of related initiatives as defined by our business and portfolio framework
- Ensure appropriate stakeholder change and communication plans and engagements are developed and executed so that stakeholders are fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place.
- Partner with business stakeholders to validate the project's strategic business case, define success metrics and criteria, and to identify, measure, and sustain planned vs. achieved benefits. Proactively look for additional benefits to be delivered by taking advantage of systems, processes, and data already in place or being deployed.
- Identify and address the major factors, assumptions and risks (including technical, business, adoption, organisational, government, cultural, etc.) that may influence project direction and success. As parameters and external influences change, adjust the project approach to improve the delivery of intended benefits.
- Successful delivery of agreed projects, on-time and to budget
- Timely reporting as agreed
- On time delivery & accuracy of content for business reviews
- Relates to / cooperates with
- Main function interaction:
- Issuing Solutions teams within GB Technology
Main cross-function interaction:
- GB UK Departments
- Local vendors and external third-parties
What you'll need to succeed
Profile and Education
- Project management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Customer service oriented, with operational "hands-on" attitude
- High quality standards, accuracy and risk awareness
- Excellent communication skills, especially within a multicultural global organisation
- Independent, goal-oriented and self-motivating personality
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- Experience in collaboration with product management or requirement engineering teams
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written)
Specific skills and knowledge
- Minimum 4-5 years of practical experience working as a project manager, from start to end
- Experience within Luxury Retail beneficial
- Experience of working in an international company or organisation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent & advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Presenting a passion for delivering products and services in outstanding quality
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Capability to handle international top tier customers
- Solid understanding of point-of-sale related technology and common workflows
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary + Bonus + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.