Product Manager - Water sports and Performance wear
Our Client is a key player in water sports equipment with products specifically designed for leisure markets including diving, sailing, surfing, kayaking, and safety equipment. We have a unique opportunity for an individual to join the team as a Product Manager.
The role would suit a real enthusiast with first hand user experience of water sports equipment. A unique opportunity to combine your career with your passion for performance sportswear!
- Reporting to CEO, the individual will manage product creation from initial market research, pricing, sampling, sampling process to finished product design.
- Liaising with the Marketing department to ensure clear understanding of product USP’s and market needs.
- To monitor existing range performance to minimise SKU’s whilst maximising profits for the company.
- Liaising with factored goods suppliers, existing and sourcing new suppliers, to maximise the potential of existing lines and potential new lines.
- The position covers the leisure and safety products of three Brands and brand management in liaison with licensors.
- Analyse existing range performance highlighting product lines,that require development and minimising SKU’s whilst maximising profits
- Run market research highlighting potential new product lines to include market price points, target costs and potential margin gain
- Manage and update range plan with new agreed product developments, target costs, trade and retail pricing
- Liaise with sales to agree and finalise all product trade pricing
- Manage supplier relationships with regards to new product development including target costs, proto sampling and final product sign off
- Research new and maintain existing supplier relationships, including off shore supplier visits when necessary
- Manage product development budget as agreed
- Brief and liaise with the marketing department to deliver relevant on time product marketing messages on all new lines
- Brief and liaise sales management to deliver clear and concise product messages for the sales team (internal and external) including assisting in the relevant season sales launch meetings
- Assist in managing product lifespan, including product deletion and associated stock value risk, highlighting areas of concern to sales when required
- Discuss the product with press when required
- Set product price to meet groups revenue goals and market expectations
- Prepares regular reports about product revenue
- Gather customer feedback to determine ways that product can be improved
- Demonstrates the products to customers, where appropriate
- Stay up-to-date with industry competitors and competitor product developments
- Candidates with a Technical or Product Development or Product Management background specialising in either performance wear including water sports, wetsuits and/or safety equipment would be ideal for this role.
- First hand user experience of water sportswear and equipment is essential. Preference given to candidates with a real interest in outdoor sports.
- Previous experience in a similar role required, either in manufacturing, supplier, Brand or Retail.
- Connections with key industry suppliers would be essential
- An excellent knowledge of new product development procedures.
- Previous experience of product costing, product engineering and an understanding margin gain required.
- Location of this position can be flexible between Client's facilities in Yorkshire or Hampshire but candidates must be flexible to travel nationally and internationally when required.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Apply for Product Manager - Water sports and Performance wear
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly