Knitwear Design Director
An opportunity has arisen for a Knitwear Design Director to manage a team for one of our clients who are a successful supplier to many high street retailers in the UK and Europe. my client covers ladies and menswear however this role is primarily concentrating on leading the women swear side of the business.
You would need to manage and direct the design team in the design and development of products in line with customer requirements.
Main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensure the Designers are trend aware and can initiate and develop product collections with both existing and new range platforms
- To ensure the constant development of new product ranges that gives continuity to the business requirements and satisfies the customer’s needs
- To plan and execute professionally required sales presentations to the customer communicating clearly the trends and commercial key factors of the product offer and the benefits of the business
- Awareness of market trends and opportunities instigating follow up product development to affect the development of further business opportunities which are suited to the Company’s areas of production expertise
- To build and maintain direct and commercially effective relationships with the principal decision takers within all customers/accounts and to work with them to identify and implement initiatives which will increase their level of business with our company
- Evaluate and interpret market trends, initiate and drive new material and component development in line with the market direction
- Knitwear design knowledge essential across Ladieswear, (Menswear desirable)
- Experience working with High Street retailers
- Strong trend & colour awareness
- Ability to manage and inspire a team
- Highly organised