Designer - Sports/Street/Lifestyle
Our client, a leading sports/street/lifestyle brand house, is looking for a creative designer to work across sports/streetwear menswear ranges.
As a Menswear Apparel Designer you will be:
- Researching trends and key items seasonally
- Prepare relevant and creative research on themes, colours and fabrics based on the seasonal brief.
- Initiate original design sketches/technical specs for all the styles following the seasonal brief.
- Research and maintain knowledge of relevant womenswear, menswear and active/sportswear trends and history to advise on silhouettes, finishes and suitability of fabrics etc.
- Putting together mood and trend boards
- Working closely with the Senior Designer to range build seasonally
- Keep up to date records of all design and development for each style, fabrication details and print.
- Put together spec sheets and technical packs for your designs
- To follow range plans and critical paths, and ensure that all deadlines are respected and strictly adhered to.
The Ideal Candidate/Experience and Skills Required:
- You will ideally have at least 2 to 3 years’ experience in Apparel Design role in the fashion/lifestyle/sportswear industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft packages.
- Experience in research and initial board ideas, through to design development and creation of technical diagrams.
- Knowledge of trends and researching trends within relevant market
- Ability to produce excellent accurate and detailed specifications, both freehand and using design programmes.
- Excellent planning, prioritising and organisational skills to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Knowledge of garment and fabric construction, with a good understanding of pattern cutting.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent communication skills.
- A broad interest across various cultural themes, with an interest in fashion, music, and the arts.
- Ideally you would have worked for Puma, though not necessary.