Menswear Designer - Sports/Street/Lifestyle
Here is an opportunity that will help rocket your career as it did to many aspiring Designers and Developers.
Our client, a leading sports/street/lifestyle brand house, is looking for a creative designer to work across sports/streetwear menswear ranges.
As a Designer you must be passionate about design and be enthusiastic with an edgy urban handwriting reflected in your portfolio.
An excellent eye for detail and colour is essential, together with knowledge of the current sport and streetwear market.
As a Menswear Apparel Designer you will be:
- Researching trends and key items seasonally
- Prepare relevant and creative research on themes, colours and fabrics based on the seasonal brief.
- Initiate original design sketches/technical specs for all the styles following the seasonal brief.
- Research and maintain knowledge of relevant womenswear, menswear and active/sportswear trends and history to advise on silhouettes, finishes and suitability of fabrics etc.
- Putting together mood and trend boards
- Working closely with the Senior Designer to range build seasonally
- Keep up to date records of all design and development for each style, fabrication details and print.
- Put together spec sheets and technical packs for your designs
- To follow range plans and critical paths, and ensure that all deadlines are respected and strictly adhered to.
The Ideal Candidate/Experience and Skills Required:
- You will ideally have at least 2 to 3 years’ experience in Apparel Design role in the fashion/lifestyle/sportswear industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft packages.
- Experience in research and initial board ideas, through to design development and creation of technical diagrams.
- Knowledge of trends and researching trends within relevant market
- Ability to produce excellent accurate and detailed specifications, both freehand and using design programmes.
- Excellent planning, prioritising and organisational skills to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Knowledge of garment and fabric construction, with a good understanding of pattern cutting.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent communication skills.
- A broad interest across various cultural themes, with an interest in fashion, music, and the arts.
- Ideally you would have worked for Puma, though not necessary.
Apply for Menswear Designer - Sports/Street/Lifestyle
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly