Senior Print Designer
As Senior Print Designer reporting into the Head of Design, you will be responsible for the research and design of prints for the womenswear collection collaborating closely with the Creative Director on the vision for the season in order to deliver a commercially successful mainline and runway collection in line with the critical path. The role will work closely with the design team, technicians, internal and external teams and overlook accessories and collaborations to ensure a consistent vision.
The successful Senior Print Designer will have at least 3 years’ experience in luxury womenswear designing for the first line demonstrating a flair for combining newness with commercial success for a leading fashion house.
- Create original artworks, in line with the design brief realising the creative vision.
- Developing and managing artworks that feed into print, fabric developments, knitwear, embroidery.
- Develop seasonal print and garment visuals for use by design teams and to aid commercial sales.
- Rendering artwork specific to the brands aesthetic.
- Support the selection of print base fabrications for each season.
- Approve fabric strike offs.
- Presenting print design team’s artwork to the Creative Director and the design team
- Re-working bought artworks, putting into repeat, re-colouring and creating placements.
- Liaise with design team, fabric and product development teams, technicians and production team to produce commercially viable designs that meets company requirements.
- Engineer sampling print files for garment prototypes.
- Produce and organise factory cutting guides for seasonal sampling and production.
- Colour match all print files to the seasonal pallet.
- Ensuring all artworks are suitable for process and nominated mills.
- Coordinate the sampling process and day to day workflow of prints, delegating work and responsibilities.
- Research, develop and interpret new and exciting print artworks.
- Prepare prints for mills and follow through to production, suggesting solutions to any problems.
- Oversee all print information liaising with relevant teams across the business.
- Communicating with fabric mills in the UK and Europe.
- Organise freelance print work and ensure resource is in place to meet design and production timelines.
- Working proactively according to the critical path, adhering to budget and timelines.
- Making sure there is a clear handover to production, suggesting solutions to any problems during sampling and ensuring all printed products meet company standards.
- Ensure all design work and production is archived in line with department procedure
- Supporting the Head of Design in training junior staff and contributing to appraisals.
- Observe and offer guidance to print interns.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet departmental and company-wide deadlines.
- Senior Print Designer with a minimum 5 years’ experience and career track record in luxury fashion designing for the first line of a RTW and Runway brand.
- Strong understanding of digital printing, surface textiles and complex garment construction and precision engineering.
- Critical eye for detail, print matching, colour, composition, scale and form.
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Digital manipulation.
- Experience working for a luxury womenswear brand.
- Tenacious, assertive and determined attitude with excellent attention to detail.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Dedicated, hard working and committed person willing to invest long term.