Job Type: Design Director - Footwear
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with experience
Are you an experienced Design Director/ Head of Design looking for an opportunity to lead the direction of a well-known brand? Are you passionate about lifestyle footwear? If so, please read on!
The business are a global group with recognisable brands as part of their portfolio and a well-known heritage. They are now looking for a Design Director to lead, direct and coach the lifestyle design team and development teams and manage product development resources.
As Design Director, you will manage a team of Senior Designers and freelancers, to research, design and develop market appropriate footwear across all categories.
The role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Work with Global Product to set seasonal vision and seasonal line strategy
- Interpret seasonal trends and filter these through the brand DNA
- Interact with Product team and Material team to direct material seasonal needs
- Create seasonal colour palettes in collaboration with the product team
- Work with advanced concepts team to share new designs and innovations, alongside the latest PDM 3D designs
- Work with development to ensure product ideation is brought to life, and ensure that patterns, construction and outsole blueprints are in line with factories for overseas production
- Partner with Marketing team to collaborate on seasonal stories and inform all key selling features and benefits of finished product
- Establish and continually use effective communication channels to ensure the team is kept aware of all relevant product and business issues
- You will be an experienced Design Director or Head of Design, with a strong background in Footwear design
- Excellent man management skills, able to motivate, develop and inspire a team
- Knowledge of footwear shoemaking – constructions, materials and usages
- Working knowledge of shoe components and materials (especially leather), fitting processes and requirements, sole moulding and mould making
- Appreciation of design proportions and aesthetic requirements
- Experience in shoe sample rooms and development facilities
- Must have CAD/Adobe experience
- Excellent communication, people and interpersonal skills
- Able to present to people at all levels
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Design Director/ Head of Design looking to make the next step in their career and lead a team of passionate designers across a fantastic brand. To apply, please contact Rebecca Ward at The Advocate Group directly, or click the apply button to send a copy of your CV and portfolio.
Apply for Design Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly