This is an exciting time to be joining a business, driving for change and looking to recruit for designers who want to challenge existing product and bring innovation to range design. Our client is an established brand, who is putting in place the team, and has ambitions to become a leading provider across Europe in mens and womenswear apparel. An interest in performance led clothing would be desirable.
Designer – The Job Opportunity
- Research market trends, product innovations and inspirational brands & prepare mood boards
- Benchmark competitors to support range building and strengthen design handwriting
- Work with the Fabric Technologist to ensure innovations in fabric and finishing are commercially viable, fit for comfort, performance, and price point
- Work with the Category Managers and Ecommerce teams to assess customer need and plan and build ranges & collections accordingly
- Work with wider teams to develop product from design concept to final garment approval and technical pack handover for submission to factories/supply base
- Participate in range reviews, assessing best and slow sellers
- Develop new sources for fabric and trims
- Assess sampling to ensure meets aesthetics and quality accordance to spec
- Monitor the development cycle to meet/update the critical path deadlines
- Provide accurate information for costings
Designer – The Person Specification
- Previous experience in an apparel design, min. 3-4years
- Ability to spot opportunities, translate trends into commercial, fit for performance clothing, that looks great!
- Passionate and willing to learn.
- A knowledge of fabric/trim sourcing and costings would be advantageous
- Change orientated, responsive, open minded and innovative
- Ability to manage multiple projects from concept to delivery, and to prioritise working to critical path deadlines
- A good team player and communicator, able to work with people at all levels with a “can do attitude”
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.