We are looking to recruit for 1-2 Designer level opportunities to add a new dimension to an existing design team. Working across a range of garment categories and accessories (womens & menswear).
Designer – The Job Opportunity
- Research market trends, product innovations and inspirational brands & prepare mood boards
- Benchmark competitors to support range building and strengthen design handwriting
- Work with the Fabric Technologist to ensure innovations in fabric and finishing are commercially viable, fit for comfort, performance, and price point
- Work with the Category Managers and Ecommerce teams to assess customer need and plan and build ranges & collections accordingly
- Work with wider teams to develop product from design concept to final garment approval and technical pack handover for submission to factories/supply base
- Participate in range reviews, assessing best and slow sellers
- Develop new sources for fabric and trims
- Assess sampling to ensure meets aesthetics and quality accordance to spec. Monitor the development cycle to meet/update the critical path deadlines.
- Provide accurate information for costings
Designer – The Person Specification
- Fashion Design degree or similar qualification with 2years industry experience in garment design (mens/womenswear). This position would suit someone looking for their 2nd job+.
- A knowledge of tailoring /high performance, or from a casual handwriting are all of interest, as the roles will be divided based on areas of expertise
- Highly creative with good commercial judgement
- Passionate and willing to learn.
- Change orientated, responsive, open minded and innovative
- Ability to manage multiple projects from concept to delivery, and to prioritise working to critical path deadlines.
- Self-motivated. A good team player and communicator, able to work with people at all levels with a “can do attitude”.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.