Assistant Buyer- Cool, quirky exiting brand
Work in a fast paced, exciting, environment where decision making and negotiation skills are key to achieving success.
The successful applicant will be working closely with the merchandising, design team to plan and make decisions on the seasonal ranges for the stores and online platform.
A leading multi-channel retailer of fashion brands in the UK and Europe. Over 800 stores across a number of retail fascia's and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast, dynamic, diverse and exciting environment. Working closely with a wider talented Head office trading team you will be an integral part of the business. The business are recruiting a branded Assistant Buyer with drive and passion to be part of their ongoing success.
- Attending relevant trade shows where specified to support Buyer and increase market knowledge
- Assist Buyer by attending all appointments, with involvement in selection and editing of product
- Assist Buyer in the preparation of presenting ranges for sign off with the relevant functions.
- Managing budgets and OTB on in Season and forward budgets.
- Preparation and presentation of performance in trade meetings
- Proposals to assist driving sales in your relevant department by reviewing sales and constantly looking for opportunities (i.e repeat buys)
- Support in presenting ranges in sign off with relevant senior management
- Complete and present to buyer the planograms for relevant category
- Regular dialogue with key brands to build relationships
- Research and be aware of new brands on the market to propose opportunities for relevant category
- Drive social media/marketing content via marketing and multichannel teams to ensure category features across all channels
- Relevant branded buying experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of current and upcoming fashion trends
- Retail experience
- Fully literate in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Organisational skills are essential
- Must be able to work in a fast paced buying environment
Th opportunity to work with a cool, quirky and relevant brand, who are offering a competitive Salary with additional benefits.