RAEY SENIOR WOMENSWEAR DESIGNER
What the role is
The role of Senior Womenswear Designer within the brand covers lots of areas of the business and therefore offers lots of opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge and skill set, while also allowing you to demonstrate your abilities and creative ideas. You will work closely under the Creative Director, and collaborate with all other team members. As a relatively small team we often work closely together as one.
What you’ll be doing
- Working alongside the Creative Director in creative design strategy sessions
- Researching seasonal themes and inspirations
- Working to develop and implement seasonal colour palettes
- Working on fabric developments across all seasons
- Working with CD to define sketches needed on a rolling basis
- Putting sketches into work with pattern cutting and product development team, cad-ding style / details if required
- Participating in fit sessions
- Establish effective working relationships with all internal and external collaborators
- Research competitor and vintage sources
- Develop embroidery and prints
- Keep up to date and clear records of all design work
- Be aware of the critical path timings
You will be an experienced, innovative and confident designer with an aesthetic sympathetic to the Raey brand identity. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, friendly and love fashion. You must be able to adapt your personal style to ensure you can work effectively with all team members. You must be able to work accurately and efficiently. You must be a strong team player able to collaborate openly, but also be self-motivated and able to work alone on some tasks. Good timekeeping is essential and you must be very organised and able to work within given guidelines.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- minimum 3 years proven experience at designer level
- exceptional taste level
- good general computer skills, excel, word etc.
- design packages/ CAD skills beneficial
- knowledge of CMT factories beneficial