My client manufactures and supplies beautiful, high quality garments to the premium end of the UK high street. They are looking to bring on board a fabric sourcer to work with their lovely fabric team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is passionate about sourcing beautiful fabric and working with premium retailers at the better end of the highstreet. You must be commercially astute with excellent knowledge of sourcing fabrics offshore either in Europe (Italy, Spain, Turkey) and the Far East, from existing and new markets.
This is an exciting opportunity with a friendly, successful womenswear company who are passionate about the products they sell and fulfilling their customer’s needs.
Fabric Sourcer – The Role
- Meeting regularly with current and new fabric suppliers/mills to review ranges and new developments and report potential interest to the design team.
- Visit trade fairs, trend sites, suppliers and fabric mills to be constantly on top of the latest fabric trends and innovations.
- Have a commercial approach at all times.
- Update fabric library and files.
- Work closely with Design and Technical teams to review best and worst selling products to provide key information for new development.
- Build relationships with fabric mills, suppliers and offshore Offices to maintain and awareness of market conditions, prices, and new products.
- Be aware of current and upcoming key trends in fabrics, shapes and prints.
Fabric Sourcer – The Candidate
- 2/3 years’ experience of working with a wide variety of fabrics (woven fabrics).
- Ideally you will be from a retail, supplier or fabric agency background with proven technical experience of fabrics sourcing.
- Ability to identify and research opportunities for innovation and supply routes, working directly with mills, suppliers & factories to build relationships.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of fabric terminology.
- Must be commercially astute.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills. Must be able to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be eligible to travel overseas and within the UK.
- Strong communication skills.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.