Pattern Cutter - Womenswear
Are you a highly creative, experienced Digital Pattern Cutter looking for career progression and the opportunity to work for a successful, high fashion womenswear supplier, supplying to mid-market high street retailers? If so then this could be the opportunity for you!
My client is a successful and well respected supplier and manufacturer of ladies premium fashion and is looking for a Digital Pattern Cutter with computer experience to join their team. The product is beautifully designed tailoring and soft separates for the most stylish and sophisticated ladieswear brands and retailers.
Pattern Cutter – Womenswear. The Role:
- Creating patterns and specification sheets for samples following a design brief.
- Advising suitable technical componentry to enhance cloth performance and control critical areas of the garment
- Assessing samples to ascertain if fit and “look” is as required/ expected.
- Attending customer fit meetings and discussing/agreeing suitable pattern alterations to achieve the required fit.
- Carrying out alterations or communicating requirements in writing to off shore sample unit.
- Working closely with garment technicians and merchandisers to prioritise pattern work in order to meet critical path deadlines
Pattern Cutter – Womenswear. The Person:
- Strong knowledge of pattern cutting Ladies tailoring and soft separates. Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must have an interest in fashion and trends with the ability to interpret a designers working drawing.
- High level of understanding garment construction
- Ideally you will have experience on Gerber V8 but if we are not fussy if you have the digital experience across other computer programmes we would still consider you!
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadliness, good time management essential
- Good understanding of grading
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work well within a team
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.