Senior reporter, Drapers
Drapers is looking for an experienced senior reporter to join our fast-paced news team.
We are the British fashion industry’s bible – bringing the latest news, analyses, opinions and trends to senior decision makers through our daily newsletters, website and weekly print magazine.
As senior reporter you will be responsible for breaking exclusive business news stories that are essential reading for those working in the fashion business, from chief executives of large fashion high street retailers to brands, agents and independent store owners.
You will have at least two years of business news reporting experience on a weekly trade magazine or daily newspaper, demonstrably strong news judgement and the ability to work accurately at speed. You will be able to source exclusive news and feel comfortable delving through company financials and reporting on acquisitions and insolvencies. We will require you to quickly familiarise yourself with the structure of the fashion industry and its supply chain.
In addition to your responsibilities on the news desk you will also contribute creative ideas to the wider Drapers brand, write features and comment pieces, record videos and contribute to Drapers' social media output.
- BA/BSc or higher degree and an NCTJ qualification or equivalent journalism training
- Minimum of two years of news reporting experience for a weekly trade magazine or daily/weekly newspaper, preferably on the business beat
- Evidence of breaking off-diary news stories, as well as building and maintaining contacts
- Digital skills such as video editing are a bonus
Core skills/competencies required:
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to use your initiative and source off-diary stories
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to make contacts and build solid relationships with people in the sector
You will be able to work in a team and take direction, as well as use your initiative. A sense of humour and a sociable personality is essential, as this role will require you to regularly attend fashion events.
Salary and benefits:
Please send your CV and covering letter, including your current salary, to email@example.com by Friday 30 June