About the role:
Merchandising at George isn’t just a job, it’s a career. It’s the chance to express your ideas, contribute as a team, be developed and make your mark in the world of fashion. Whether you’re wanting to stretch to a more experienced Assistant Merchandiser position or fine tune you’re skills to take you to the next level in Merchandising, ours is an opportunity worth considering. Where else can you feel supported, encouraged to take accountability and truly be heard? At George Clothing we’re a team, we collaborate, we succeed together and when that happens the results speak for themselves. So if you have strong numerical & analytical skills and you’re looking for a Merchandising role that’s more than just ‘the next move’ read on!
The ins and outs:
Right stock, right place, right time – it’s a merchandising thing! It’s all about the numbers; what you see, the decisions you take and how you impact that bottom line. As an Assistant Merchandiser/ Merchandising Assistant you’ll be managing product critical path, stock movements from suppliers to distribution centres always ensuring availability and driving the business to maximise profit in-season. Working alongside teams of experienced Merchandisers and Merchandising Managers you’ll support with:
• Co-ordination and progressing of all orders including raising supplier contracts
• Maintenance of Merchandise systems to ensure all necessary paperwork and transit requests are signed off accurately and within required deadlines
• Development of strong relationships with suppliers
• Analysis of sales data to provide recommendations for selection of future seasons
• Accurate forecasting of sales, stock turn and markdown to achieve maximum profit
• Great opportunity to manage Financial Planning System with coaching & guidance from Merchandiser
• Collaborative range planning with Assistant Buyer
• Planning of markdown activity
• Awareness of competitor activity and seasonal trends/opportunities
• Opportunity to coach and develop another Assistant Merchandiser
Key relationships: Buying, Branch Merchandising, Sourcing
What you’ll need:
Curious, analytical and commercially aware you’ll either possess a relevant degree or have gained some experience within a fashion retail, store or head office environment (buying, merchandising, allocation, supply chain, planning) and have your heart set on developing your career in Merchandising. A natural team player with great communication skills you’ll be organised (a list writer!), methodical, ambitious with a strong desire to achieve.
Key skills include:
• Ability to prioritise; managing time and workloads to achieve key deadlines
• Attention to detail with strong numerical, planning and analytical skills
• Experience with MS Office is essential (strong ability with Excel is beneficial)
• Good working relationships with the buying team, to grow the departments
You can build a career at George. George is a global brand with ranges sold in seven different countries, in over 3000 stores including stores in the UK, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan and the US.
About the Business Unit:
Our Home Office is located at George House in Lutterworth, 30 minutes from Leicester City, in the East Midlands. Purpose built and open-plan, it includes concept areas for product development, a large 'mock' shop area for whole range planning, a fantastic colleague cafe and even a tuck shop! It's a superb environment that helps to foster the creativity and innovation we need to develop fantastic products, support all our stores and depots and deliver to the most important people of all - our customers. It's a fast-paced, fun place that's filled with colleagues united by one common goal - to deliver great products at unbeatable quality and value to the millions of customers who shop at George every week.