Fabric Buying Assistant
The Fabric Buying Assistant reports into the Fabric Buyer assisting with the sourcing, development and purchase of all fabrics for men’s formalwear and casualwear. The role is ideally suited to a Fabric Assistant with a strong eye for men’s fashion and an initial 1-2 years’ fabric specific experience working for a premium menswear brand or retailer.
- Placing of fabric orders.
- Ensuring that all fabric developments are appropriately labelled.
- Working closely with the Fabric Buyer and design team on seasonal fabric development briefs.
- Sourcing and development of fabrics meeting regularly with suppliers and liaising with factories.
- Manage the fabric library.
- Gather accurate information on prices, minimums and lead times.
- Liaise with design on colour work and approvals.
- Monitor the ordering and delivery of fabrics for both sampling and production.
- Ensure hangers ordered during fabric shows are priced.
- Oversee print and CAD development.
- Ordering of fabrics for press samples.
- Fabric Assistant with around 1-2 years’ fabric specific experience for a premium brand or retailer.
- Passion for menswear with good knowledge of formal and casualwear fabrics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work well in a demanding, fast moving environment.
- PC literate including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Team player able to communicate effectively with internal and external parties.