Identify and verify new and existing suppliers and supply all products and achieve approval for new fabric sources and provide prices, samples and test reports as requires in support of these new opportunities whilst maintaining a cost effective structure to control and manage the supply base to ensure a competitive edge.
A stable group of companies who are focussed on bringing innovative design, excellent customer service in order to meet and exceed customers expectations with outstanding garment solutions for clients with very specific garment requirements.
- Develop and agree with the Operations Director, a list of preferred suppliers in each country to accommodate the qualified manufacturing of the business.
- Manage new fabric development with existing suppliers and with new suppliers.
- Create and maintain a database of fabric suppliers per country and fabric types to ensure the business remains competitive and capable on all business opportunities.
- Create and maintain a library of fabric samples and test reports.
- Provide regular updates on new fabrics and fabric innovations in the market place to the Design and Development Team, Sales Team and Directors.
- Attend fabric and clothing exhibitions and review magazines and journals in order to keep the business current with market and industry trends.
- Work closely with the Product Development team to manage and control all fabric development, fabric testing, product design, pattern construction and Sample making requirements stemming from new business enquiries and tendering projects.
- Provide fabric input and technical information when requested for presentations.
- Visit and audit fabric suppliers when required.
- Facilitate meetings with fabric suppliers and invite other stakeholders when relevant.
- Regularly review current fabric suppliers and report to the Design and Development Team, Sales Team and the Directors.
- When requested communicate directly with fabric suppliers in order to resolve issues with fabric quality and delivery.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience of sourcing in the Far East
- Strong knowledge of the clothing manufacturing industry
- Experience of managing teams
- Experience of sourcing, auditing and negotiating with factories
- Educated to degree level.
- Able to speak and write English fluently
- International experience in complex contract negotiations, supplier management and operations.
- Track record of development and delivery of strategy and innovation with strong business acumen.
- Excellent client relationship management experience including excellent supply partner relationships.
- Proven record of operating in an environment where competiveness, quality and continuous improvement is crucial.
- Previous experience in textiles, apparel or an allied industry is advantageous
- Ability to work overtime when required
- A clean driving license
- Willing if required, to undertake a CRB Check.
- Able to work in the UK
Competitive salary, plus car allowance