PRODUCT MANAGER CLOTHING (Design, Buying and Planning)
DSB Recruitment has been exclusively retained to recruit this hugely exciting unique role for a truly unique brand.
PRODUCT MANAGER - Clothing
An award-winning specialist multi-channel retailer who's purpose is to inspire women to feel confident and amazing. We have stores in the UK and a well-established e-commerce operation. They are growing quickly, have ambitious plans for the future and for the last 12 years have been one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for.
They are looking for a Clothing Product Manager to lead and develop their totally unique clothing fit solution in order to continue delighting their customers.
Reporting to the Product Director and working alongside the technical and supply teams, you will be responsible for designing and delivering clothing styles from concept to through to the customers.
Designing their product does not follow the rules you'd normally expect with many clothing brands, so they are searching for someone who enjoys thinking outside the box and is open to doing things differently. Someone who can apply their experience where relevant but will also put aside what is not relevant and will embrace changing the way that they work to do what’s right and what works for the brand.
Your key responsibility will be to create and develop the clothing range, ensuring it’s delivered on time and in full for launch dates, managing suppliers, price points and margin. It’s essential that you have an appetite for numbers and analysis, working with historical data, trade reports and customer information to inform the supply planning team about the quantity of stock to order.
You will work hand in hand with the technical product team to ensure the fit and quality of products is to their high standards approving from first fit samples all the way through the critical path to production. You will also liaise with their customer-facing teams to ensure our styles are accurately represented to their customers.
- Someone who is ready for a step up or for a new challenge in their career.
- Experience is important, but as you will not simply be able to replicate what you’ve done elsewhere, what’s crucial is a fresh mind-set and desire for a next-step challenge. You need to feel completely comfortable doing new things and having a pioneering approach.
- You will relish and value spending time with customers to listen and learn from them as well as feel comfortable analysing numbers in order to help you make the right decisions about what to develop next.
- You need to be confident about forecasting and suggesting buying quantities over a selling period.
- Someone who is able to combine the right instincts and creative flair with analysis of data to really get under the skin of what their customers want and need.
- You will need strong leadership and people management skills and the ability to inspire and influence others are essential. You should be passionate about continuously developing both your team and your own leadership skills.
- You will be educated to degree level and your previous experience will include exposure to roles in design, buying and merchandising. A combination of experience in these areas with a genuine desire to listen, learn and rise to a challenge would be ideal.
Due to the volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest. DSB Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter.