Group Buyer - Women's Fashions
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an established multi-site retailer, based in our head office in Portlaoise, Ireland. You will be responsible for selecting and building commercial ranges and for maximising return through effective category management processes. We are looking for a proactive person who can successfully manage relationships with suppliers, stores and other stakeholders. You should have strong all-round business management capabilities, be comfortable with administration, and confident in using reporting systems and Microsoft Excel. This role would suit someone with a background in branded womenswear from a buying or wholesale background.
To lead and own the overall buying activities of a department / number of departments.
Buying & Merchandising Director
- Develop a vision for your department(s) that reflects the Shaws’ brand and market opportunities.
- Source, select and price product ranges.
- Maximise return through effective category management processes, including monitoring and managing sales, stocks, margins, sell-throughs, allocations and budgets.
- Fully exploit information systems in making business decisions. Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information is reported to key stakeholders.
- Manage supplier relationships so that benefit is maximised for Shaws.
- Manage effective promotional activity and seasonal events.
- Develop visual merchandising policies for your department(s) and work with store teams to deliver these.
- Relevant buying / category management / wholesale experience (5+ years).
- Customer-oriented mindset.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Superior numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent work structuring and coordination skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Positive forward-looking mindset.
- Able to get to “the heart” of the issue.
- Advanced/Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of direct sourcing is an advantage as is experience of managing consignment and/or concession accounts.
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to submit a detailed CV along with a brief statement outlining why you feel you are suitable for the position.