Junior Womenswear Designer
I am looking for a Womenswear Designer to join a growing supplier of ladies multi product, based in Leicester. My client predominately supplies knitwear to the highstreet, but as they also do woven and jersey they are happy for a Designer to join who has experience in at least one of the fabrications, and they are happy to train on the rest!
You will spend your days doing trend and competitor research, designing multi product garments, creating technical specifications and dealing with the UK customers and factories in the Far East.
This is a great opportunity for a Junior Designer with strong CAD skills looking for the next step in their career, or perhaps a mid-level Designer that is looking for a change of product and a new environment!
Please submit your commercial design portfolio along with your CV upon application – evidence of trend analysis, mood boards and most importantly commercial CAD garment designs is essential.
Junior Womenswear Designer - The Role:
- To design for a number of UK highstreet customers and following their orders from concept to delivery.
- Designing/developing womenswear garments across knitwear, jersey and woven, using CAD (Adobe Illustrator)
- Researching the highstreet, conducting shopping trips and doing trend analysis.
- Produce detailed, accurate tech packs (training can be given on this)
- Meeting with customers and take briefs, present ranges.
- Manage critical path
- Representing the business to the best of your ability
Junior Womenswear Designer - The Candidate:
- Adobe Illustrator knowledge is essential – Strong CAD skills are an absolute must.
- Successful candidate must also be fully fluent on Microsoft Office, in particularly Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of tech specs and garment construction is beneficial.
- Confident at presenting ranges and able to work well in a small team.
- You must have a good attitude and be happy to ‘roll up your sleeves and muck in with the team’, due to the nature of this small business.
- I am looking for a friendly, personable, ambitious candidate who is looking for the next step in their career with a small but rapidly expanding business.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.