A fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to come and join a well established team to develop and rapidly grow their career. Exciting opportunity for someone in either fashion or branded buying.
** Exclusive Buyer roles to Michael Page **
We are excited to have been exclusively engaged in a Buying project for a high growth leading retailer. With an existing footprint across Europe and the UK the business continue to grow year on year. This retailer really are bucking the trend on the high street right now and having received further cash injection from their equity firm exciting changes are planned for the future. Having been through a senior management restructure over the last 2 years they really do have a solid team at the top, many whom have relocated to take on such an exciting challenge. Having implemented new trading strategies 2017 was their best year ever and 2018 is already shaping up to be a record breaking year.
Future plans include expansion of their buying and merchandising team. The office is a great place to be with fancy breakout area's, outdoor working space and flexible working hours the culture of this retailer has been carefully carved to enable them to be an employer of choice.
The role in Gloucester is to support the Buying Manager in delivering a balanced, commercial, compelling and well-planned product range to present to our customers which reflects the integrity of my clients brand.
- To plan and select a commercial range of products meeting the company's objectives.
- To increase profit and turnover.
- An understanding of the Retail landscape
- Maximise commercial opportunities and minimise areas of risk by regular performance reviews.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure the best price and margin for the product.
- Monitor, report and react to product sales performance.
- Continually assess product ranges from key competitors.
- Work closely with other teams in the business, including merchandising, visual merchandising and marketing.
- Present regular range reviews to senior management.
- Analysing trends.
- Seasonal photo shoot preparation and participation.
- Manage the sample management process.
Required Skill Set -
- Excellent commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
- Very good knowledge of the snow sports and outdoor market and competition
- Creative and instinctive thinking.
- Actively seeks to develop own knowledge and skills.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Currently working at Assistant Buyer level.
- Strong outdoor equipment background.
- Influences and communicates confidently and effectively to build strong relationships.
A competitive salary is on offer with a fantastic flex benefits package and a great work life balance!
£32,000 - £35,000
There are also a number of Buyer and Assistant Buyer roles available. So do still apply and your CV will be reviewed for roles at all levels.