Footwear Buyer - Size?
JD Sports Fashion PLC
Our Buying team sits at the heart of everything we do. As a branded and own brand business we pride ourselves on having the latest and most exclusive products within our fascia’s.
Our buying team working closely with the merchandising, design team and the brands themselves plan and make decisions on the seasonal ranges for our stores and online. They are at the cutting edge of fashion and are well versed on fashion trends both current and upcoming.
Our buying team sits within each of our fascia’s (JD, size? etc.) and is split into categories and gender. It is an extremely fast paced, exciting environment where decision making and negotiation skills are key to achieving success. Put simply the right product is key for us as a business and the Buying function is at the forefront of this.
Responsible to: Group Buying Director
Location: JD Sports Fashion plc, Edinburgh House, Hollinsbrook way, Pilsworth, Bury, BL9 8RR
- Representing the Buying function on relevant fascia and category
- Attending all appointments, with involvement in selection and editing of product
- Attending all product launches throughout the year as specified
- Attending all relevant trade shows
- Analysis and review of previous weeks sales with the merchandising department to propose and drive actions for the week ahead
- Negotiation with selected brands re trading terms and conditions.
- Being constantly aware of new brands and opportunities to diversify and drive department/category sales
- Budget negotiation and planning within internal teams and external brands
- Negotiation with brands re distribution agreements
- Working independently in a creative and trend led environment
- Managing budgets and OTB on in seasons and forward budgets
- Present ranges for sign off with Senior Buyers, Buying Director and Merchandising Director.
- Preparation and presentation of performance in trade meetings
- Proposals to assist driving sales in your relevant department
- Extensive knowledge of size? store base and website
- Confidence within own decisions and product selection. Comfortable in driving decisions on file and being accountable for all actions.
- Ability to act independantly
- Extensive knowledge of size? product area and market
- Ability to look forward and predict trends both current and future
- Highly numerate and skilled within budget forecasting and planning
- Experience of buying premium Sports Fashion is advantageous
- Experience of buying branded goods is advantageous
- Product Marketing experience is advantageous
- Strong understanding and knowledge of current and upcoming sports fashion trends at a high street and premium level price point
- Be able to exercise a high degree of analytical and numerical skills
- Fully literate in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Organisational skills are essential
- Be able to work under own initiative
- A creative and trend led individual
What we will offer you:
- Development linked to your role with the business
- An opportunity to work across multi-brands both UK and Internationally
Apply for Footwear Buyer - Size?
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly