Assistant Buyer - Footpatrol
JD Sports Fashion PLC
Our Buying team sits at the heart of everything we do. As a branded and own brand business we pride ourselves on having the latest and most exclusive products within our fascia’s.
Our buying team working closely with the merchandising, design team and the brands themselves plan and make decisions on the seasonal ranges for our stores and online. They are at the cutting edge of fashion and are well versed on fashion trends both current and upcoming.
Our buying team sits within each of our fascia’s and is split into categories and gender. It is an extremely fast paced, exciting environment where decision making and negotiation skills are key to achieving success. Put simply the right product is key for us as a business and the Buying function is at the forefront of this.
Responsible to : Head of Buying Footpatrol-Brand and Operations
Location: JD Sports Fashion plc, Edinburgh House, Hollinsbrook way, Pilsworth, Bury, BL9 8RR
- Attending relevant trade shows where specified to support Head of Buying and increase market knowledge
- Assist Head of Buying by attending all appointments, with involvement in selection and editing of product
- Assist Head of Buying in the preparation of presenting ranges for sign off with the relevant functions.
- Preparation and presentation of performance in trade meetings
- Proposals to assist driving sales in your relevant department by reviewing sales and constantly looking for opportunities (i.e repeat buys)
- Complete and present to Head of Buying the planograms for relevant category
- Regular dialogue with key brands to build relationships
- Research and be aware of new brands on the market to propose opportunities for relevant category
- Drive social media/marketing content via marketing and multichannel teams to ensure category features across all channels
- Extensive knowledge of Footpatrol store base and website.
- Strong awareness of product file to a line level detail
- Awareness of incoming stock and ability to manage the file in Head of Buying absence
- Confidence in building relationships with brands and internal departments within the business
- Acts as the lead partner between the Head of Buying and marketing/multichannel departments driving change and growth within social media.
- Proactive and confidence in suggesting changes
- Confidence to challenge and influence at all levels
- Relevant branded buying or merchandising experience within premium footwear and apparel is advantageous
- Strong understanding and knowledge of current and upcoming sports fashion trends at a premium level price point.
- Retail experience is advantageous
- Fully literate in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Organisational skills are essential
- Must be able to work in a fast paced buying office environment
What we will offer you:
- Development linked to your role with the business
- An opportunity to work across multi-brands both UK and Internationally