Designer - Womens Sportswear
This London-based young sportswear brand is targeting aggressive growth over the next three years and looking to appoint the smartest and most able people to two key roles within the Product Team, a Designer for menswear and a Designer for womenswear.
The key requirements for these roles are energy and passion for trend, fashion and performance sportswear. We are looking for strong creativity, individual style, excellent illustration and CAD skills, and a talent for graphics.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior Womenswear Designer to join a young brand that’s really going places, and develop your career as the brand grows.
Reporting the Head of Development and the Creative Director, the role will include:-
- conducting design research and building seasonal colour palettes
- developing seasonal range sketches, and designing seasonal trims
- developing fabrics
- creating product and trim CADs
- creating product specs
- working with Production Manager to develop workable costings
- attending fittings to provide design direction
- styling and stock management for photoshoots
The ideal candidate would have:-
- a couple of years’ experience designing womens fashion / sportswear
- excellent illustration and CAD skills
- excellent communication and team-working skills
- self-drive to plan and organise workload to meet deadlines
- great presentation skills
- a collaborative approach and openness to feedback
As part of a close-knit hardworking team, this is a great opportunity for a candidate who is ambitious and passionate about product to play an integral part in the ongoing success of this young brand. The role offers a competitive salary circa £25K plus benefits and huge potential for growth.