6 days left
- Job Type
As Print Designer you will be responsible for creating sophisticated, feminine, directional prints befitting a contemporary womenswear brand merging key trends and seasonal inspiration with class and quality. The successful designer will have a minimum 5 years’ experience and career track record in modern contemporary or luxury womenswear.
- Design and development of all over and placement prints working with the design team on seasonal briefs.
- Generate and develop all in-house prints and organise the buy-in of any out-sourced prints from vintage archives and print studios.
- Develop print artworks in co-ordination with the Designers and Garment Techs, to ensure the print set-up fits specific styles for all sizes for production using the correct techniques and repeat sizes.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of all print techniques and a full understanding of how different print effects are achieved.
- Conduct broad research to feed the design team with up to date print trends and print specific inspiration.
- Visit archives and view print studio collections to both buy from and be inspired by.
- Help push the direction of the print used in the womenswear collection.
- Ensure fully specified print packs are carefully communicated to the factories and the development or any technical issues discussed and resolved.
- Review strike-offs or mock-ups with the design team.
- Liaise with designers and fabric team to ensure prints are approved against the correct base fabrics and that colourways are clearly communicated.
- Ensure all print information is regularly updated and available to the design, fabric, development, technical and production teams.
Management of prints lifecycle:
- Liaise closely with Product Developers on supplier selection to ensure that prints are placed in the correct technique that will also be used for production.
- Ensure Development and Production are kept informed of any print issues that may affect bulk and communicate any potentially delays that may cause issue for the PP deadline. Assist in matching PP & bulk lengths back to the final design approval where required.
- Liaise with production on any bulk print issues and help find solutions where needed.
- Print Designer with a Degree in Fashion Textiles or Print Design.
- Minimum 5 years print design experience specialising in contemporary or luxury fashion essential.
- Strong understanding of digital printing, surface textiles and garment construction.
- Critical eye for detail, print matching, colour, composition, scale and form.
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills along with digital manipulation capability.
- Tenacious, assertive and determined attitude with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Able to prioritise efficiently and work to deadlines and specific briefs.
- Good problem-solving skills.