Beauty Product Technologist
We have been retained with one of Europe’s largest fast fashion retailer, known for their quick response and innovation, to recruit for a skilled and hands-on Beauty Product Technologist across all Beauty areas.
The Beauty Product Technologist should have excellent knowledge of direct supply chain, excellent technical knowledge and Beauty regulation and working to short time leads as well as developing new collections.
The Beauty Product Technologist’s Responsibilities:-
- Working on Product Development closely with the Buyers, by identifying issues through portal testing, store visits, pre shipment inspections, returns and CFS report. To further manage the information through to buying teams to ensure they are aware of issues and actions being taken.
- Apply quality standards and commercially evaluate and guide suppliers on product testing
- A clear understanding of the legal requirements for labelling and best practice claim support process within the required product areas.
- Identify areas for constant improvement within the beauty area and own the implementation of any technical led initiatives
- Take the lead in engaging with suppliers and driving improvements within the supply base
- Evaluating risk and ability to make commercial recommendations on quality priorities in a beauty environment.
- You will be a trouble shooter in case of any problems and inspect that all technical standards are fulfilled
- Quality benchmarking of the business and key competitors for quality and performance
- Responsible to take part in project management
- Using industry knowledge support and delivers departmental updates and presentations both internally and externally
- Working alongside compliance team, and be aware of Industry Beauty regulations
- Supplier performance analysis
The Beauty Product Technologist’s Requirements:-
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Product Technologist position
- Beauty Product experience essential, preferably in a fast-paced retail environment and comfortable with mass production
- Experience multi beauty products, young and fashionable product
- Understanding of quality standards and on boarding suppliers in a quality perspective.
- You are able to recognise new trends in beauty and to translate them into the fits and outcome of products
- You have a sharp eye and profound industry knowledge, and you have the ability to recognise new trends paired with strong analytical skills that match our vision
- Work to deadlines and prioritisation
- Experience liaising and negotiating with suppliers
- Good understanding of PLM and Excel.
Apply for Beauty Product Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly