Senior Ladieswear Designer
About True Decadence
True Decadence is epitomised by ultra flattering shapes, superior quality and inspiring details.
Established in 2016 our philosophy is centered around creating effortless silhouettes that celebrate femininity. Applying couture-inspired design techniques with the utmost attention to detail, our in-house team produces four collections each year of directional occasion wear and sleek separates.
Each individual style is developed from a passion for luxe fabrics, surprising details and premium craftsmanship. Subtle colour palettes are married with unique shapes to create an impeccable collection of pieces that transcend the season.
We are a dynamic brand with exciting prospects and there is a real opportunity to be part of a business where you can have a major impact on the range. This role is based at our Head Office in Manchester, near Piccadilly Station.
True Decadence is looking for an experienced Senior Ladieswear Designer that is at the peak of their career and is passionate about what they do and who wants to make a difference. Managing and mentoring a Junior Designer, you will be leading the design direction for the Brand, working closely with the Design Manager and Creative Director.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Collaborate with the Creative Director on direction for the forthcoming season to build a balanced and cohesive range for True Decadence and sister Brand Glamorous Collection.
- Create a range plan, develop the Design team and assist the Design Manager in design organization
- Global travel (mainly China) for fabric/trim sourcing, design development and range build
- Attend Fabric Shows for fabric direction and fabric sourcing
- Responsible for the design, development and trends across all product areas for both True Decadence and Glamorous Collection Brands. Create mood boards, seasonal colour palettes and fabric packages for Forward Order
- Liaise with the QC Department to assist with fits
- Liaise with Merchandising to approve fabrics
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the Linesheets
- Working to and ensuring Critical Path deadlines are maintained
- Senior Womenswear Designer with at least 5 years’ experience at Designer level, demonstrating exceptional multi-product womenswear design skills, working for a young womenswear brand or retailer.
- Highly organized with experience in managing and mentoring a small team. Experience in prioritizing and delegating work.
- Ability to reflect forthcoming fashion trends aligned with the Catwalks for the global market place
- Strong CAD and graphics skills in embellishments demonstrated through a strong portfolio with fresh handwriting and attention to detail.
- Computer literate in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong garment construction knowledge and understanding of designing to a price point
- Experience in travelling to China for fabric/trim sourcing and design development
- The ability to design swimwear, beachwear and lingerie is advantageous. Depending on your skills and experience, the role would also require you to create ranges for these product areas.
- Have a right to work in the UK
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday per year for full-time employees which increases with length of service. An additional day’s holiday will also be given for your birthday each year.
- Free city centre parking
- Early finish on a Friday
- Generous staff discount
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity to become a Senior Ladieswear Designer for a successful and rapidly growing firm, please apply by submitting your CV, a cover letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role alongside examples of your recent relevant work.