Senior Design Manager
Why join Standfast & Barracks?
Standfast & Barracks is one of the most versatile and innovative fabric printers in the world. We produce the finest quality prints for many design-led home furnishings and apparel brands on the market today.
We are innovators, offering some of the most advanced digital printing techniques available worldwide, and in turn, we create long-term relationships with our customers who work with us because we are experts, passionate about what we do and focused on excellence.
Our factory, established in 1924 has been in operation for nearly 100 years and continues to produce prints combining both traditional and innovative cutting-edge technology. We offer a choice of several fabric printing techniques, from conventional rotary and flatbed screen printing using vat, reactive, pigment, disperse, discharge and acid dyes to the latest ink-jet digital technology for short runs and special designs. Whatever the process, quality and service is assured.
We don’t just stay up to date with the latest digital techniques – we invent them.
We create styles that celebrate a passion for colour, texture, craftmanship and innovative design. We are a global leader in interior design and we are proud to manufacture, market and distribute our brands around the world. We employ approximately 170 employees in Lancaster and now have exciting opportunities to join our Design team on permanent basis.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, join us as we inspire creative living in every home.
We have a superb role that sits within our Design & Sales Team and is responsible for the effective management of the Design team and to increase the scope of on-site designs for sale to customers, in addition to providing effective cover for the Sales & Design Director.
- Leading the Design team
- Manage & foster the design direction in line with Customer Strategy, helping it to adapt, evolve & grow with the changing textile print industry
- Able to come on site & create a collection which can be immediately sold into the market place
- Translate market trends into design ideas
- Exploring new ways to improve product designs to customers & new markets
- Manage creativity in a collaborative team work environment to facilitate the creation of high quality designs
- Manage & develop the team of textile designers, including new Graduates
- Oversee analysis & research industry trends & customer preferences to aid product development
- Proactively respond to changing business trends in a timely manner
- Create sales kits to support sales growth
- Manage innovation with onsite team
- Track design sales performance & ensure in line with business strategy
- Support commercial development of Sales & Markets Strategy
- To work with Group to support development of Group synergy
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Textile Design or related field
- Experienced Senior Designer
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with design & colour development
- Knowledge of trends & fabrics essential
- Commercial experience of the Interior Fabrics market UK & Export
- Excellent technical knowledge of print & woven textiles
- Strong planning, presentation & analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of the market & trend analysis
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proven experience of managing and development teams.
- Knowledge of separation processes & technicality of textile printing
- Prior experience in designing for digital, rotary & flatbed printing operations
- Exceptional computer skills including Photoshop & AVA
- Ability to travel
- Previous experience at managing a Design Budget & Marketing
What’s in it for you:
As a Standfast & Barracks employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial package, generous staff discounts as well as licensed products and 27 days annual leave.
If this sounds like the next step in your career - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job. At Standfast & Barracks we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Apply for Senior Design Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly