Junior development garment technologist
We are a soft separates women's wear supplier working with online & high street retailers such as Very, Simply Be, Debenhams & Navabi. We have a unique & exciting role for a Junior Development garment technologist within our fast paced business, to provide support to the design team at initial development stage. This role would suit a technically minded person with an eye for detail & a passion for bringing designs to life, in the best possible way for the commercial market. Your main responsibility will be to work closely with the designers, helping to turn their ideas into reality at initial sampling stage.
- Working with the design team to create clear, thorough specs for proto garments including technical drawings to communicate what is needed to our overseas factory.
- Helping to create/ maintain a fit library of bestselling specs / body blocks
- Tracking internally fitted garments from proto to production.
- Taking notes / photos at in house fit meetings with head of design & communicating these comments clearly & efficiently with our overseas sample room by creating concise workbooks.
- Preparing internally fitted garments for fit meetings by making sure workbooks & previous comments are present & doing initial assessment/checking measurements.
- Required IT Skills: Microsoft office & Adobe Ai mandatory
- Must be able to accurately draw garments on Adobe Ai or by hand to clearly communicate what is needed to overseas factory on specifications for initial samples
- Must have relevant fashion/technology degree or equivalent & at least 2 years experience in a relevant role.
- A good base knowledge of garment construction methods & manufacturing practices including pattern making & grading are essential – some training will be given.
- A good working knowledge of materials, fabrics & functional aspects of garments.
- Attention to detail is essential & a good eye for translating a designers sketch into a technically sound specification for the factory to follow.
- Strong organisational skills to provide well documented products, thorough specifications & meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of being involved in fit meetings.
- An enthusiastic can do attitude is essential in this small team.
- A desire to take the role & make the most of it whilst making it their own is essential.
- Good communication skills