A one of a kind business in Yorkshire is looking to recruit a designer for the creative team. This position is to work across the entire product range including outerwear, denim and jersey products.
This is a real opportunity to be a core part of a business where you will see your contributions recognised and hard work appreciated by everyone.
If you live and breathe the fashion industry and want to work with like-minded people in an exciting, edgy environment get in touch for more information.
Menswear Designer - The Role:
- You will manage the whole design process from start to production, a total of four collections a year.
- Collating and using information for colour, fabric and styles to drive product and range development
- Reviewing past performance, competition and occasional visit to fairs, shows, and directional shops etc. to keep up to date with new design developments
- Developing the range to make sure it evolves by evaluating the success of designs, researching competition and developing samples
- Working closely with key suppliers overseas.
- Researching and identifying latest key trends, catwalks influences to inspire and develop new ranges, and to compliment and drive forward existing product lines.
- Work within the critical path to adhere to lead times and to ensure collections are launched on time
Menswear Designer - The Person:
- This position is looking for previous menswear design experience working across all product groups including denim. Ideal candidates will have between 4 and 5 years’ experience since graduating from University.
- Ideal candidate will have a design related Degree.
- Ideal candidate will have branded experience.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of suppliers and other partners and team with the ability to handle suppliers persuasively.
- Adaptive to change, excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, ambition and the drive to progress
- Hand draw skills would be an advantage.
Menswear Designer - The Company:
This company are an exciting and truly unique business. With strong product and a distinct aesthetic, the brand has retail presence in the UK and Europe. As this is a small business, you have a chance to get involved in more areas than you perhaps would do normally.
An amazing chance to progress and develop.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.