A new opportunity is looking to recruit an experienced Merchandiser. Reporting to the Production Executive you will be responsible for providing the direct link between key account customers and the manufacturing units around the world. Effectively managing the supply chain, ensuring all products and production plans and sales data represented both customer and business requirements.
Merchandiser – The Job Outline
- Leading all critical path meetings by working cross functionally across departments (sales, design, development technical & quality) to ensure all delivery deadlines are maintained.
- Successfully forecast product need and availability by analysing sales data and producing reports to determine product volume adjustments and allocations. Identifying capacity bottlenecks/constraints.
- Managing SKU’s by product, demand, style and colour. Monitoring and raising purchase orders for production in accordance to the customers’ demands and forecasts and communication with customers on issues.
- Collaborating extensively with Vendors around the world and the Local Hub Offices to co-ordinate the cost effectively and timely expenditure of merchandise.
- Managing all customers label and packaging requirements and ensuring vendors fulling understand all shipping and packing instructions. Identify needs for transit trials where applicable.
- Organising multiple key accounts on a daily basis including customer systems and exception reports.
- Achieving delivery targets to customers during peak periods and promotional launch deadlines to exceed customer and supplier expectations with the aim of improving client relationships.
- Colour management, Lab dip/bulk control and submissions to customers.
Merchandiser – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within a similar wholesale merchandiser or production role within fashion & textiles, supplying the UK & International high street. (min. 5years experience)
- A knowledge of lingerie, intimate apparel product would be advantageous.
- Excellent Analytical and Negotiating skills
- Uncompromising attitude to customer care
- Motivation and ability to form excellent working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Solution provider. Ability to drive change improving the service offering
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels
- Key skills to influence other members of the organisation in a drive to meet customer expectations.
- Excellent Commercial awareness
- Enthusiastic Team Player - ability to interact at all levels
- Self-assertive - a self-starter able to manage own workload
- Ability to take ownership and resolve issues, prioritising where necessary and multi-task in a demanding environment
- Excellent organisation and proven problem solving skills
- Flexibility - ability to adapt to constantly changing environment
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and work to tight deadlines where required
- Ambitious and keen to accept challenge
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.