We have two opportunities recruiting for experienced Product Developers for this large employer based within commutable distance from Derby/Nottingham or Leicester. We are seeking experience within a garment technologist or product development within apparel.
To ensure that the expectations of the customer are met by working closely with the relevant Account Manager and purchasing team members so that all garments are fit for purpose, meet required quality and safety standards and are delivered on time.
Product Developer – The Key Responsibilities
- Provide Technical support to ensure products are fit for purpose and meet required quality and safety standards.
- Liaise with Design, pattern and sample room on buying, fit & seal samples, to ensure garments are as required design brief, fit and quality standard.
- Attend project meetings when required and keep Technical update logs for each account.
- Provide clear and concise written specifications. Manage the Technical approval procedure ensuring the correct documentation is maintained throughout the sealing process (Green and blue and seals) and this is communicated back to all relevant departments.
- Visit off shore factories to carry out sample / production inspections when required.
- Attend weekly update meetings with Technical Manager to prioritise workload, discuss and report exceptions to rolls outs of specific accounts.
- Deal promptly with all specification queries from off shore manufacturers ensuring all details are recorded, kept updated and relayed back to factories within the agreed time scales.
Product Developer - The Person Specification
- Applicants must have a proven background within a garment technical/garment technologist job - a minimum of 3 experience relevant experience.
- Able to demonstrate tenacity and drive, problem solving skills and pro-active thinking.
- Previous experience in PDM/Illustrator would be highly desirable.
- Able to work independently, using your own initiative within a busy environment.
- A confident communicator, able to liaise with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Well organised, able to prioritise workloads and to critical path deadlines.
- Ability to travel offshore/UK.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.