This retailer is a well-established, leading player in the homeware and outdoor sector, based in Newbury looking for an established Assistant Buyer - Lifestyle to join a high-profile product category.
My client is a very well established retail business based in Newbury. They have a strong market share and constantly enhancing and developing their current product mix and looking for a Assistant Buyer - Lifestyle to join them.
The key responsibilities for the Assistant Buyer - Lifestyle will involve:
- Understanding brand standards. You will use external and internal insight and foresight to be trend and market aware, ensuring product proposals meet quality and design expectations.
- Managing your product ranges. You will propose price mark down, promotional and clearance activity to phase old and new product through the business within product option and profit targets.
- Assisting the buyer to contribute to the development of the product range that meets the needs of customers and properties and is commensurate with the size and scale of the business.
- Supporting the business by evaluating product performance within specific categories and bench-marking to enable us to respond effectively in order to achieve its KPIs.
- Planning ahead. You will manage the phasing into the business of new product to ensure launch dates are achieved and all supporting information is correctly maintained and communicated.
- Being accountable for your personal development through the Performance and Development Review (appraisal) process seeking out opportunities to learn new skills.
The successful candidate as an Assistant Buyer - Lifestyle will have the following skills;
- Knowledge of the UK retail market including trends / insight data
- In depth understanding of product design and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of buying systems
- Knowledge of procurement/sourcing best practice
- Graduate or equivalent
- Design knowledge
- Knowledge of quality market place
- Negotiation and purchasing skills
- Analytical and numeracy skills to track / deliver KPIs
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and numeracy skills
- Ability to work in a cross functional way across the organisation
- Ability to work as part of a team sharing learning and idea
- Good organisation and planning
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- PC literate and use of MS software
- Experience in retail within a product management
- Experience in managing and delivering against clearly defined budgets
- Good financial awareness
£27,000 - £33,000 + fantastic benefits.