Senior Buyer - Fashion NPD
As Senior Buyer - Fashion NPD the main purpose of the role is to deliver an industry leading, commercial, entry price point outdoor range, across apparel & hard goods, through product development and sourcing. That meets and exceeds our customers' expectations and wins significant market share, in line with the businesses overarching strategy.
The company I am working on are an omnichannel, multi-brand retailer and a leading player in the European outdoor retail landscape. The Group has multiple store formats and operates distinct commercial fascia within its portfolio. In Belgium, Luxembourg and France. In the UK they have over 100 stores and in the Netherlands, the fascia accounts for 41 stores. They have recently acquired another have 39 stores in Germany.
In total, more than 250 stores are operated by the Group, which are seamlessly integrated with state-of-the-art on-line platforms. It is our aim to keep on increasing our footprint and grow our market share in each geography.
The diversity of store formats and brands strengthens the performance of the Group, of which the turnover is already in excess of 550 mio€. The Group employs over 4.000 employees of which some functions are organized on group level to support local business operations. These include: Finance, ICT, Buying & Merchandising, Facility, HR and Web development.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact and shape your role as a Senior Buyer - Fashion NPD in Bristol. The role involves:
- Define group own label strategy alongside fascia buying directors
- Define Clear brand positioning, for each relevant product group, by fascia
- Define pricing architecture and promotional strategy, per country in line with agreed strategy, sales and margin targets
- Align own label strategy with the Brand Manager of private brand on price architecture and product content.
- To safe guard the brand identity, having responsibility for consistent use of all collateral material of the brand
- Design and implement process to manage the product lifecycle effectively
- Push design and styling forward each season through product innovation
- Continually assess product ranges from key competitors
- Present range reviews to wider business
- The management of buying currency & logistics
- Feeding product content to the web teams, including responsibility for the correct seasonal content of the brand page
- Product sourcing & development. Evaluation of product samples and suppliers, including; innovation,
- workmanship, pricing, delivery and ethical compliance
- Keeping up to date with technical changes and advances
- Frequent travelling to Europe & Far East
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure the best price, payment terms and margin for the product.
- Increase profit and turnover and win market share. Monitor return on investment v branded proposition
- Monitor, report and react to product sales performance
- Maximise commercial opportunities and minimise areas of risk by regular performance reviews
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Build relationships across other business units as requires
- Line management responsibilities
The sucsessful candidate for a Senior Buyer - Fashion NPD will have -
- Currently working at Buyer level or higher.
- Excellent knowledge of the outdoor market and competition.
- Experience in developing private brands and products
- Proven success at buying and trading own area within outdoor clothing category.
- Proven experience of far east sourcing and product development
- Excellent commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
- Influences and communicates confidently and effectively to build strong relationships
- Ability to deliver against set deadlines and budgets
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Coaching and management experience
- Influencing skills
*MICHAEL PAGE EXCLUSIVE*
£65,000 - £80,000 + excellent benefits and flexible working