Strategic Planning Manager
4 days left
- Job Type
Michael Page Fashion are recruiting for a reputable wholesale supplier based in the east midlands. They are ideally looking for someone from fashion retail buying background who understands trend and product and who can put together a strategic well planned offering for their customers.
Our client is a professional and reputable wholesale supplier who are leaders in their market and are looking for a candidate with a fashion buying background for this new position.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To analyse and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and licensor needs.
- Set seasonal range options to support movie/game releases etc in advance across multi products catering for each individual retailer
- Working closely with the sales team to identify the opportunity/design direction & product mix for each retailer across departments.
- Develop a strategic sales plan, identifying departments to focus on to bring together a more cohesive, planned offer to the retailer for each Sales Executive ensuring sales are maximised.
- Focus on building ranges from accessories out.
- Continually researching the market to identify white space opportunities and develop ranges/products for the sales team to present.
- Work alongside the sales team to ensure sales targets and margins are met.
- Establish a design timetable with Head of Sales and ensure it is executed and submitted for approval in a timely manner.
- Prepare internal presentations design/marketing for any new licenses.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
* Degree qualified or equivalent in a business related subject
* Minimum 5 years previous experience in Product development, Buying role.
* Ideally experience will have been in a retail buying environment
* Intermediate to advanced competency level in use of Microsoft Excel
* Proven track record of developing cohesive product ranges and delivering improved sales
* Experience of Strategic planning, providing high level Management information and reporting