Business Planning Manager E-commerce
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams — Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning — direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike’s top areas of growth.
As the Business Planning Manager you are responsible for the planned sales, gross margin, inventory, and markdowns for nike.com across 39 countries. Reporting to the Nike Direct Business Planning Director you will support the development of multi-category planning strategy for digital and utilize advanced forecasting techniques to analyze market and product trends to develop seasonal demand forecasts and long range plans.
- Will influence and align the budgeting, business planning & forecasting processes, sharing product insights with GM’s and other retail & corporate partners.
- Will support key seasonal brand & product stories at retail through aligned planning.
- Will support the Business Director to serve as a retail advocate across all categories - sharing plans with Nike Europe/Global product, merchandising and sales teams.
- Will monitor business performance and deliver results versus targeted objectives to drive sales, gross margin and turnover by dimension, store, category, and product type.
- Will communicate results of any variances to targeted expectations across key stakeholders.
- In addition, you'll mentor, educate, and coach others across the merchandising teams and serve as a knowledge resource for other team members.
- Bachelor's /Master/ MBA degree in Business, Merchandising, Inventory Management or a related field
- 6-8 years’ progressive experience in retail planning including 3 years’ e-commerce experience
- Understanding of E-commerce industry, FMCG, B&M retail and integrated market place strategy
- Ability to solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions
- Experience in financial planning and assortment planning with knowledge of automated planning systems including OTB, WSSI’s, assortment (line) planning, distribution and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows applications, particularly Excel
- Strong knowledge of process-flow through supply chain
- Proficient information seeking skills and drive for results
- Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
- Good analytical skills, detail-oriented and well organized. Accurate.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to follow-through and meet timelines
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.