Junior Fabric Technologist
Working with some of the biggest players on the UK High Street across WW, this young and exciting garment supplier are looking for a willing and hardworking candidate to join their friendly team in their North London offices.
An excellent training programme will be offered, and for someone who wants to learn and work hard they will be rewarded with quick career progression. My client is also offering a competitive salary.
Junior Fabric Technician- The Role
- Create Test Request Sheet advising factories what base and bulk tests are needed for every individual style per customer.
- Looking at the kind of product and pre-empting if it may need a disclaimer or not.
- Chasing factories for base test reports so care labels can be advised.
- Going through all customer manuals and testing requirements so nothing is missed.
- Updating all manuals whenever any update is received.
- Uploading test reports on different customer portals and getting the layout approved wherever we are not self approving.
- Create Care Labels based on base test reports and after consulting with the Garment Tech.
- Approving care label layout ensuring all details are correct as per customer requirements.
- Chasing bulk test reports as soon as bulk fabrics are approved by customer.
- Ensuring all bulk tests including Garment Appearance is done before production samples come in.
- Upon arrival of Gold Seals / Production samples , checking correct labels, tags and care labels are in the garment alongside all details like product code, color code, supplier number etc. And then passing it on to the Garment Tech.
- Taking images of all labelling from Gold Seals and filing it in the correct section on the server.
- Keeping up to date with Reach Compliance and relevant regulations.
- Maintain and update your individual Critical Path while keeping in tune with the final delivery date.
Junior Fabric Technician- The Person
- Looking for a confident self-motivated individual with 1yrs solid proven experience in a similar role
- Must be from a supplier background
- Must be able to think ahead and pre-empt potential issues
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Working knowledge of textiles and garment make
- Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines on the Critical Path
- Team player.
If this could be you please get in touch- firstname.lastname@example.org