This an opportunity for an experienced full-time production coordinator to join a small artisanal production company. Projects are varied and diverse but mainly focus on clothing.
In this role, duties will include:
- Sample and production order placement and coordination. Critical path and time management skills are a prerequisite.
- Liaise and organise shipments and spec sheets with suppliers and makers on a constant basis to ensure all deliveries along the production chain are rigidly kept to schedule.
- Maintain a master production and operations calendar to ensure deadlines are met throughout the year.
- Produce, maintain and update production sheets on a seasonal basis.
- Produce and catalogue seasonal order forms for customers and production sheets for makers.
- Catalogue, oversee and comprehend materials stock lists in order to ensure production chain continues to operate without setbacks or wastefulness.
- Identify, catalogue and dispatch garment patterns to makers, in addition to liaising with a pattern cutter in person.
- Produce master price sheets that take into account material and labour costs.
- Oversee logistical organisation relating to show room / special events.
- Liaise with customers to ensure payments have been received and goods have been dispatched.
- Fully comprehend the brand’s standards in order to engage in quality control of goods before they are shipped to customers.
- Negotiate material and maker’s costs to ensure expenses to company are kept to minimum.
- Basic weekly account record keeping and liaising with company accountant.
- Assist with company director’s special projects and developments.
- Organise floor staff to carry out work (packing and checking).
- A highly organised individual with strong multi-tasking capabilities.
- Previous experience (several years or more) in textiles, clothing or art production industries is essential.
- Understand the critical path.
- Proactive and able to work at a fast pace.
- A keen interest in fashion and the arts.