Our Client is a design led business who for more than a decade has been developing inspirational corporate clothing, workwear and uniforms for a portfolio of blue chip clients. They offer a flexible, client orientated approach to corporatewear that succeeds in blending wearer satisfaction with commercial common sense.
They now have an opening for an experienced Designer; to assist in the management of all design requirements for the business and its clients using internal and external resources and presenting creative ways to present client image and brand reflecting up to date trends. Specific responsibilities include:
- To generate design specifications in an efficient and effective manner whilst achieving a right first-time discipline in information transference and to a level a sufficient technical detail.
- To work with product development creating innovation in fabrics, cost reduction engineering, technology, fit and constructional improvements.
- To support the account management with focus groups and design related tasks in conjunction with client’s requirements and activity.
- To create speculative design initiatives to expand within and outside our current client base.
- To research market trends and competitor sectors to provide the business with competitive advantage.
- In conjunction with the Design Manager, re assess all specification standards with a view to delivering an improved product in terms of quality and speed.
- In conjunction with the Design Manager, establish and standardise all pattern blocks to drive consistency and speed of development.
- To manage, develop and ensure adherence to relevant critical path dates.
- In conjunction with the Sourcing and Supplier Development Manager To source and manage fabrics and trims according to each project where we can re fresh or introduce new and improved.
- Innovative ways to present designs to clients or potential clients.
- Any/all required ad hoc tasks.
Based at their Head Office in Coleshill, you will also be required to undertake some travel when necessary, this include showrooms, wearer trial locations design centres, client’s sites and manufacturing facilities so a driving license and own transport will be necessary.
Applicants are invited from designers within the corporatewear or fashion sectors ideally with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience within the UK market. Strong presentation skills coupled with good communication skills, commercial awareness and excellent MAC computer literacy including Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop are important.
Please apply in complete confidence with your current CV