I am looking for a friendly, hardworking, analytically minded Junior Merchandiser to join a small and very welcoming purchasing team, within a successful sportswear business.
You will be working with great quality sports and leisurewear product so a background in this – or maybe just a personal interest in sports and the great outdoors in general – would be beneficial but is by no means essential; candidates with a background in fashion merchandising will also definitely be considered. This role would also suit a Merchandising Admin Assistant looking for the next step in their career.
Location is commutable from Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield areas.
Junior Merchandiser – The Role
- Liaising with Far East suppliers on a weekly basis via email, Skype and telephone
- Critical path management
- Reporting any factory issues to Purchasing Manager such as supplier lateness
- Working with team to implement plans to minimise impact of poor stock availability / lateness etc.
- Communicating with the relevant internal and external teams to ensure all deliveries are planned and booked in accordance with company guidelines
- Raising Purchase Orders
- Regular reporting using Microsoft Excel
- General admin
Junior Merchandiser - Key Skills / Experience
- Looking for a candidate with experience of working within a merchandising position previously, perhaps within fashion or sports/leisurewear.
- Experience of working with oversea suppliers is desirable – experience working with the Far East would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of import freight is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- IT Literate, especially in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining focus and prioritising workload in line with business requirements.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ambition to grow and develop within the role.
- A friendly, outgoing personality would fit into this business well. An interest in any sports or the great outdoors in general is great but not essential.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.