Merchandiser – Online - George.com
About the role:
Merchandiser - George.com – Planning, Forecasting, Analysis and Activity Planning
This is an exciting opportunity for a Merchandiser to join our George.com team. You’ll work closely with our buyers to build range plans that deliver a customer-focused, commercial offer to promote great deals throughout the year. You’ll be focused on driving sales/profit; improving offers, stock availability and inventory performance by keeping close to the numbers to drive overall category performance.
The ins and outs:
As the Merchandiser, reporting to the Merchandise Manager, you will work at pace, switching between longer term strategy and immediate trading priorities. You will:
Plan and Forecast;
• Commit weekly and monthly financial forecasts to the business. Keep tight control on all of the financial inputs to maximise profitability and deliver against the business targets
• Set the annual business plan for the category for George.com
• Manage monthly P&L to net profit level
• Create and review item forecasts to ensure our supply team flow the correct amount of stock into the business
• Maintain detailed range and promotional trackers, and using them to analyse historical performance and provide in season insight. Making recommendations, and taking action where appropriate to maximise sales performance.
Develop ranges and promotional campaigns;
• Compile a range architecture alongside the buyer to deliver a commercially balanced range, utilising insight from the market and our customers for George.com
• Manage critical path for George.com
• Build promotional campaigns that drive traffic & conversion
• Develop the category strategy alongside other functions, aligning with the market dynamics, customer insight and the business strategic direction
• Work alongside the storefront team to create a cohesive customer offer & customer journey.
What you’ll need:
Previous experience in Merchandising is essential with accountability for your own category, and experience in working alongside buyers to create ranges.
You will possess:
• The ability to work as a team player and establish strong networks
• Great attention to detail and an analytical mind
• The ability to think and act strategically
• Strong planning, prioritising and organisational skills, with the ability to shift focus between the detail and the bigger picture
• The ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure
• Strong skills in Excel
• Passion & ability to work at pace.