The Junior Buyer will be responsible for continuous improvement of the homewares product range whilst also achieving commercial success via improving sales and profit margin on goods.
The client are a well-known online retailer with a track record both internationally and domestically in the UK. The business have gone from strength to strength in recent years and have been able to grow and hire significantly as a result of this as they look to buck the trend in the world of retail at the moment.
As Junior Buyer you will be responsible for
- Managing the buying and commercial performance of the Homewares product category.
- Supplier selection and negotiation with a firm eye on long term strategy and delivery
- Enhancing customer proposition through constant trend analysis
- Working cross functionally and ensuring all business units have the capacity to fulfil business needs
- Managing senior stake holders both internally and externally.
The Successful Junior Buyer will
- Have a background in branded buying, ideally with some online experience
- Have strong negotiation and communication skills
- Be a confident communicator and able to liaise at all levels both internally and externally
- Have a can-do attitude and ability to multi-task and adapt depending on immediate business needs
- Want to work in a fun, fast paced, and ever evolving environment
- Be able to commute to Central London on a daily basis.
The successful Junior Buyer will be working within a growing online retailer who are bucking the trend of retail. They will have incredible exposure to senior management and a great career path ahead of them.
Salary, depending on experience, internal bench-marking and interview performance is between £30-35k.