Merchandiser / Account Manager
Great opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding ladies knit and jerseywear fashion supplier, based in the heart of Leicester. This role is due to substantial growth in the business and my client is looking for someone to join the team, to manage a number of exciting accounts.
This role is very hands on and as well as account management you will be accountable for all merchandising tasks on these accounts, including liaising with factories, managing critical path, raising orders, managing samples etc. You will also be required to develop product with your customers, so some CAD skills would be beneficial but not essential.
Merchandiser/ Account Manager- The Role:
- Managing a number of customer accounts with high street retailers and brands.
- Maintaining the critical path to ensure all key dates meet customer requirement/deadlines.
- Updating and maintaining company and customer systems from confirmation of a development sample to shipment of production.
- Liaising with customers to ensure that all needs are met after the initial meeting - through CADs/swatches and samples.
- Liaising with supplier/factories in the Far East – must be able to work closely with the factories, overcoming any language barriers and ensuring that everything is checked thoroughly and meticulously to limit mistakes.
- Attending customer fit meetings on a regular basis.
- Potentially some product development (dependant on the successful candidates experience) which could include refreshing previous bestselling lines and developing existing styles, using CAD ideally, with the customer.
Merchandiser/ Product Developer - The Candidate:
- Ideally 2-3+ years’ experience working in a similar environment
- A good understanding of wholesale merchandising and managing critical path is essential.
- Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
- Previous experience in dealing with UK retail customers would be required.
- Basic design skills and ability to use CAD (Illustrator/Photoshop) would be beneficial.
- Great communication skills are required as will be dealing with Far East factory’s on a daily basis.
- Team player who can handle a busy workload, with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Must be organised, have an eye for detail and a hard, meticulous worker.
- Looking for a candidate who is happy to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and do what is required to achieve results. Due to the nature of a working in a small business the role will be varied and hands on.
- Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
- We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.