Assistant to Accountant / Office Manager
Our clients is a fashion Supplier to the ladies wear market. We are currently looking for a Accounts Assistant who will also support the day to day office management and Directors in PA duties.
- Supporting the senior accountant in his duties which will range from daily bank reconciliations to the preparation of end of year accounts for the business but also other companies owned by the Directors.
- Managing purchase ledger including payment runs
- Statement reconciliations and stock checks
- Assisting with the monthly management accounts
- Preparing balance sheets and balancing accounts
- Preparing profit and loss accounts
- Managing expenses and petty cash
- Chase debtors for the business and carry out the credit control function.
- Manage shipping documents
- Processing bank payments
- Ensuring T’s and C’s are signed
- Monitor customer insurance cover and set credit limits
- Managing budgets
- Analysis and Reporting by producing/presenting reports for the Director with regards to forecasting, budgeting, expenses and cost savings. Being able to analyse reports and information providing a considered review.
- Weekly meetings with the Director where all invoices and paperwork pending approval will need to be signed off. Checking invoiced amounts are correct. Dealing and managing invoice disputes
- Identifying and tackling business issues that the director may not be aware of
- Manage Diary
- Hotel and Travel arrangements
- Set up Appointments
- Send packages
- Make purchases and payments
Ensure smooth and efficient management of the office and staff by dealing with varied tasks such as IT issues, managing and ordering stationary, meter readings. Ensuring security and tidiness of the building, Health and Safety and generally ensuring staff have all the tools necessary to conduct their day to day work.
Managing staff expenses and petty cash
Maintaining the business contracts for all companies in terms of renewing contracts, liaising with the relevant companies where necessary and making sure we are paying the agreed amounts and helping to negotiate renewals by gaining comparison quotations eg:
- Telephone and broadband
- Printers etc
Carry out all ad hoc duties in the business as and when needed
Managing online HR system, staff holidays, sickness, dealing with Grievances, Processing new starters and leavers, offer letters, staff contracts, company handbook.
Managing The IT and support services and identifying critical areas. Setting up new starters on the IT and Telephone Systems. Managing IT projects.
The candidate must have the following skills:
Must be a confident individual with good communication skills and a people person.
Must e conscientious, hardworking, have a positive and proactive approach to their job and ensure that they can get stuck in with all tasks that are thrown at them. To embrace the company ethos and have a can do approach to their work. To be able to take on responsibility andleadership with integrity.