Senior Womenswear Designer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a fully vertical Chinese based manufacturing company specialising in Jersey and Knit, supplying the UK and European High Streets.
You will be based in the Glasgow office where you will report directly into the Head of Design and Marketing Director.
You will work across Men’s, Ladies, Boys, Girls Fashion and Active wear in line with customer requirements and Market trends.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and identifying key trends
- Responsible for presenting trends, mood boards and ranges to customers
- Design commercial cohesive ranges in a rapid paced and energetic environment
- Must have experience in managing customer accounts & face-to-face customer meetings, ensuring all design requirements regarding development of products are clearly understood and developed to their requirements
- Liaise with Far East factory to ensure ranges/styles are executed correctly
- To be able to manage workload and work to tight deadlines
- Identify new product opportunities to support growth and expansion of the business
- Produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling
- High proficiency in Adobe CS Suite & Microsoft office
- Must be able to travel to customer meetings. This is essential and a key part of the role
- Highly creative and organised individual with a flexible work ethic
- Used to working in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Ideally used to working with and supplying High Street Fashion Retailers
- Professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working with the Far East
- Have a strong understanding of fabric, trims, graphics, printing, embellishments
- Confidence in range development with a strong ability to predict fashion trends
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing process
- The ability to produce accurate and detailed spec working drawings
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines
- Work as part of a team and individually self-motivated
- Commercially aware and able to think strategically
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a thriving fast paced fashion Design team and be part of the continuing growth of the business.
As we are looking to recruit more than one position, when applying, please highlight your category strength & supply examples of recent work along with a covering letter which should include your current salary.
These roles offer competitive salaries dependent on experience.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.