Senior Merchandiser - Clothing
About the Person
The ideal candidate will …
- Currently be working as a Merchandiser, Senior Merchandiser or Merchandising Manager
- Preferably within the clothing or interiors category, in a multi-channel retail environment.
- With experience of leading and inspiring a team, influencing senior stakeholders and working alongside a Far East supply base.
- You will be able to demonstrate a commercial and KPI focussed approach and have proven negotiation skills.
- You will be an exceptional communicator with advanced excel skills and an analytical approach.
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Merchandiser to join the Mamas & Papas team. Reporting to the Head of Merchandising you will be responsible for working with the buying team to manage the supplier base and create a seasonal plan and strategy for sales, stock, margin and markdown to deliver department profit targets.
- You will continuously review trading performance and control the planning of options into the various sales channels to deliver choice to the customers whilst maximising sales and profit targets.
- You will build strong collaborative relationships cross functionally and with suppliers to deliver ranges in line with the critical path and conduct regular store visits to gain commercial awareness and understanding of competitor activity.
- You will lead and develop a team consisting of a Junior Merchandiser, Assistant Merchandiser and a Trainee Merchandiser.
About the Brand
Becoming a parent is a big step, and big steps need good companions. We’ve made it our mission to be here for the next generation of parents. Helping them through pregnancy and beyond with products, advice and experiences they need to grow the lifestyle they want.
From our Head Office in Huddersfield, Mamas & Papas looks after 30 stores and 100 trusted stockists in the UK and Ireland. With stores and partnerships in more than 40 countries around the world, wherever they are, we help our customers to bring baby into their world, their way.
About the Benefits and Training
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll be entitled to lots of exciting benefits* including
Fit us round your life with flexible working hours.
Enjoy time off with up to 35 days holiday.
We’ll help secure your future with at least 3% contributions.
Receive peace of mind with a generous entitlement plan.
Take advantage of 25% off Mamas & Papas products and other discounts.
Take the sting out of childcare with our voucher scheme.
Enjoy subsidised canteen, free tea and coffee, Wi-Fi and more at our social hub.
Get involved with monthly events and quizzes.
*subject to various T&Cs.
If you’re seeking a challenging and rewarding career as part of a global multi-channelled family with ambitious plans for the future, then what are you waiting for? Apply now.