Data, Integration and Reporting Analyst
Data, Integration and Reporting Analyst
Reiss has established a design philosophy centred on creating design-led menswear, womenswear and accessories. With an uncompromising commitment to delivering innovative and original products, we fuse exceptional design, quality and value.
The role sits within the IT Business Change team and reports into the Head of IT (Business Change) but will involve working closely with business across the Reiss company, particularly in Finance, Merchandising, Ecommerce and Retail. You will support the current date integration as we as developing new integrations as required, ensuring the data being used in the business is correct and processed efficiently.
- The on-going support and continuous improvement of the existing Data Warehousing solutions (Torex Galaxy, BOARD)
- Ensuring that both the data and reporting supports the business in providing accurate and timely insight to help the company to achieve its business goals.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem identification and resolution
- Analyse and translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications
- Develop, test & implement program logic
- Translate business needs into end user applications
- Understand and document the data in the business through studying of data sources
- Plan the data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data; designing common keys in physical data structure; establishing data integration specifications; examining data applications; examining data models and data warehouse schema; determining best-fit data interchange methods; assessing middleware tools for data integration, transformation, and routing; developing project scope and specifications; identifying factors that negatively impact integration; forecasting resource requirements; establishing delivery timetables.
- Deliver data integration by implementing shared databases; integrating data shared across legacy, new development, and purchased package environments; developing system modification specifications; mapping data; establishing interfaces; developing and modifying functions, programs, routines, and stored procedures to export, transform, and load data; meeting performance parameters; resolving and escalating integration issues; coordinating actions among users, operations staff, and outside vendors; recommending adjustments as objectives change; documenting operational procedures and data connections.
- Validate data integration by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
- Maintain data warehouse performance by identifying and resolving data conflicts; upgrading data definitions;
- Improve data integration by designing and evaluating new data interchange formats; improving physical design; rewriting data policy, standards, and procedures;
- Be an active member of the IT team through communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports; transferring knowledge of data integration process, techniques, and issues to application and support teams.
- Update job knowledge by tracking ETL strategies and technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Solid background (4 years +) working with and implementing data integration and analysis
- Analytic and Innovative
- Experience in ad hoc reporting and database management
- Solid understanding of operating systems
- Experience of BOARD is beneficial but not essential, but working knowledge of similar solution is required (multi-dimensional database, Cognos, PowerBI, SAP)
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and VBA is essential
- Working knowledge of MS Access
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work against very tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
At the heart of our business are our people. We all have a part to play in our continued success. Our people values are integral to this and support the entrepreneurial spirit that Reiss was built on.