Assistant Garment Technologist - Childrenswear
Our Client, an established, specialist supplier of babywear and childrenswear, based in London is seeking an Assistant Garment Tech to support their busy Quality Assurance/Technical Team.
It is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic assistant to learn from the experts. You will have a key role in helping to ensure all products are fully functional for their intended end use
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
• Checking Production samples against specifications for final shipment approval
• Preparation of samples for all departments in readiness for fit meetings
• Understanding status reports and updating the critical path system.
• Understanding the testing process and customer systems, updating where
• Ensuring testing is complete and approved by the customer for shipment approval.
• Monitoring factory inspection reports and updating internal reports.
• Due Diligence assessment of production to ensure consistency of standards
• General day-to-day administration duties
The candidate will have:-
• A degree or equivalent training in fashion/textiles with a genuine interest in
• An academic understanding of fabrics and garment construction
• A knowledge of pattern cutting and garment manufacture
• Experience of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Outlook
• Good communication skills and an approachable and friendly manner
• Motivation skills, be organised and innovative with a proactive approach to
Full training will be provided for the right applicant, candidates from all garment disciplines considered.