As Womenswear Designer you will be responsible for designing sophisticated trend inspired soft separates for the mainline collection with emphasis on silhouette, ingenious detailing, fabric and surface interest including, print, embroidery or embellishment encompassing beautiful basics as well as more complex styles from day to eveningwear. The role reports into the Head of Design and will be working in a team of 5. The successful designer will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and a career track record in contemporary or luxury fashion working for global brands.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design and Brand Director on direction for the forthcoming season.
- Trend and market research.
- Creation of mood boards and colour palettes.
- Sourcing and development of fabric and trims working closely with the in-house fabric team.
- Design of the soft separates portion of the collection with emphasis on fabric, cut, silhouette and detailing.
- Work hand-in-hand with the print designer, design team, developers and fabric team.
- Designing to the seasonal collection plan and critical path with monthly drops into store.
- Attend regularly sign-off meetings.
- Liaise with the in-house sample room team on development of first samples.
- Attend fit sessions with the technologist and developer.
- Liaise with the technical/product development teams on creation of tech packs for the factories.
- Seasonal travel for research, sourcing and development.
- Womenswear Designer with a minimum 5 years’ experience and career track record in contemporary or luxury fashion designing for the global market.
- Excellent eye for cut and silhouette, refined detailing and fabric selection and for print, embroidery and embellishments.
- Excellent hand drawing and illustration skills demonstrated through a strong portfolio.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to seasonal deadlines.
- Good understanding of garment construction techniques.
- Experience working cross-functionally with fabric, development, technical and merchandising teams.
- Proactive, positive team player and self-starter.
- Flexible for seasonal travel.